The stackable, modular, extensible and hackable enclosure for your Breadboard or Custom board!
This case fits a 1/2 sized breadboard, or 3 tiny/mini-sized ones. You can fit a full-sized breadboard by horizontally stacking two enclosures. A microUSB/USB plug cutout makes it great with any breadboard-friendly micro-controllers or single-board computers.
The case has an internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, which gives you ample room for components & wiring!
You can use this vanilla enclosure to house any custom board that fits its dimensions (see below).
The acrylic material & modular design make it eminently hackable. Drill cutouts or mounting holes into the side walls, top or base plate. You can modify a single side without affecting the others pieces (working with a single flat piece of acrylic is also easier). The modular design makes assembly a snap.
Modular and Stackable ProtoStax Enclosures adapt to Your Prototyping Needs:
All ProtoStax cases are compatible with each other and can be stacked side-by-side or one on top of the other. Mix-&-match multiple ProtoStax cases and put together a larger enclosure from the individual ones! Breadboard+Arduino or Breadboard+RaspberryPi bundles are popular.
ProtoStax enclosures provide different configurations that support different stages of prototyping. Platform configuration gives you a prototyping plate that provides full access to your device for development, mounting and protecting your board (and your surfaces thanks to rubber feet) and elevating it.
After you are done, add the side walls & top to form a fully enclosed case for maximum protection. Or leave out the side walls and just add the top for an open configuration with more airflow and open access. The cases offer connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see below)
- Fits half-sized breadboard, or 3 tiny/mini-sized breadboards (4 if the side walls are omitted)
- Use with any breadboard-friendly micro-controller thanks to the micro-USB/USB cutout
- Internal clearance of over 1.2 in, which gives you ample room for components and wiring for your breadboard!
- Made from high quality cast acrylic
- Clear acrylic provides a beautiful finish with a modern visual design with full view of your electronics
- Metal standoffs and screws provide solid and durable support
- Rubber Feet protect your table surface while providing maximum airflow by elevating the enclosure
- Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables & access wiring to external systems. In the Open Configuration, the Wall slots on the top and bottom plates (where the side walls usually insert into) can also be used for cable management for even more accessibility and organization.
- You can mix, match, customize, and expand your project enclosure because ProtoStax enclosures are modular and stackable and work with each other.
List of Compatible Devices
Arduino Nano/MKR/Portenta boards like
|Arduino Nano / 33 IOT / Every / 33 BLE / Sense|
Feather boards like
Basically, any Breadboard friendly micro-controller or single board computer! 😊
- 4.84 in length x 3.24 in width x 1.4665 in height (1.8 in height including rubber feet) (122.94 mm x 82.3mm x 37.25 mm (45.72mm including rubber feet))
- Usable space inside: 4 in length x 2.4 in width x 1.2165 in height (101.6mm x 60.96mm x 30.9mm)
We have a detailed tutorial/user manual that gives step-by-step instructions on how to build and assemble your ProtoStax enclosures into the various configurations, as well as how to stack them horizontally, vertically or both! Click here for the user manual.
Head over the Project Hub for inspiration for your next project!Traffic Light Redux! - Reimagining the simple traffic light project with intersection traffic lights & crosswalk signals with crossing request buttons.
ProtoStax for Arduino: Stack your Arduino & Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi B+: Stack your Raspberry Pi B+ & Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi A+: Stack your Raspberry Pi A+ & Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi Zero: Stack your Raspberry Pi Zero & Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.