ProtoStax Enclosure for Breadboards/Custom
We currently have 13 in stock
This Breadboard enclosure is stackable, modular, extensible and hackable! Use it to quickly convert your prototype into a functional and good-looking product!
Works with any breadboard-friendly micro-controllers or single-board computers like the Arduino Nano, Adafruit Feather, Particle Argon, Raspberry Pi Pico and so on. A microUSB/USB plug cutout makes it great to power these and the rest of your circuitry.
This case fits a 1/2 sized breadboard, or 3 tiny/mini-sized ones. You can fit a full-sized breadboard by horizontally stacking two enclosures.
The case has an internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, which gives you ample room for components & wiring!
You can use this vanilla enclosure to house any custom board that fits its dimensions (see below).
The acrylic material & modular design make it eminently hackable. Drill cutouts or mounting holes into the side walls, top or base plate. You can modify a single side without affecting the others pieces (working with a single flat piece of acrylic is also easier). The modular design makes assembly a snap.
Extension kits and add-ons are available to add functionality to your enclosure - add , switches, ultrasonic sensor, DB9/RS232 port, micro-servo and more! Check out our extension kits and add-ons!
- Fits half-sized breadboard, or 3 tiny/mini-sized breadboards (4 if the side walls are omitted)
- Use with any breadboard-friendly micro-controller thanks to the micro-USB/USB cutout
- Internal clearance of over 1.2 in, which gives you ample room for components and wiring for your breadboard!
- Made from high quality cast acrylic
- Clear acrylic provides a beautiful finish with a modern visual design with full view of your electronics
- Our Obsidian black acrylic gives you a sleek and attractive option when you want to keep your brains and sinew under the covers and just highlight the peripherals
- Metal standoffs and screws provide solid and durable support
- Rubber Feet protect your table surface while providing maximum airflow by elevating the enclosure
- Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables & access wiring to external systems. In the Open Configuration, the Wall slots on the top and bottom plates (where the side walls usually insert into) can also be used for cable management for even more accessibility and organization.
- You can mix, match, customize, and expand your project enclosure because ProtoStax enclosures are modular and stackable and work with each other.
- Extension kits and add-ons help add functionality to your enclosure, such as adding switches, displays, sensor peripherals, etc.
List of Compatible Devices
Arduino Nano/MKR/Portenta boards like
|Arduino Nano / 33 IOT / Every / 33 BLE / Sense|
Feather boards like
Basically, any Breadboard friendly micro-controller or single board computer! 😊
- 4.84 in length x 3.24 in width x 1.4665 in height (1.8 in height including rubber feet) (122.94 mm x 82.3mm x 37.25 mm (45.72mm including rubber feet))
- Usable space inside: 4 in length x 2.4 in width x 1.2165 in height (101.6mm x 60.96mm x 30.9mm)
Visit Our Learning Hub
• Assembly Instructions - Video Tutorials & User Manual with step-by-step instructions.
• Sample Projects - with full instructions & code. Find inspiration for your next project.
• Tips and Tricks - Tips & tidbits on Electronics and Making to get you on your way!
ProtoStax Enclosures are Stackable, Modular & Extensible
ProtoStax eases your path from Prototype to Product. Go from a jumble of wires and boards to an attractive product you can proudly display on your coffee table, carry around, share with friends and family, or even sell to customers! Make your prototypes useable and attractive with ProtoStax!
Use it as a prototyping plate, with full and open access to your device while prototyping. Rubber feet protect your board and your table top!
Omit the side walls and just add the top for an open configuration with more airflow and open access.
Add side walls and the top to form a fully enclosed case for maximum protection.
The cases offer connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see features above)
Extension kits and Add-Ons allow you to add functionality to your enclosure. Add a fan or two, switches, camera & tripod mount, and more! Thanks to our modular design, you can simply swap out existing pieces with new pieces that offer additional functionality like displays, switches, fans, cameras, tripod mounts are more.
Just filter by "extension kit" or "add-on" in the main shopping page to view the choices, or click below!
All ProtoStax cases are compatible with each other and can be stacked side-by-side (horizontally) or one on top of the other (vertically). Mix-and-match multiple ProtoStax cases and put together a larger enclosure from the individual ones! Our Raspberry Pi + Breadboard, or Arduino + Breadboard enclosures are popular bundles, allowing to include more breadboarded circuitry while still making your prototype attractive and usable. Our stacking features and interoperability between enclosures means you can create your ultimate hybrid Raspberry Pi cluster/tower, mix-and-matching various Raspberry Pi A+, B/B+, Zero boards as you see fit!