ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom devices is a modular prototyping enclosure that fits a half-sized breadboard, or up to 3 tiny breadboards (4 if you omit the side walls). A full sized breadboard can be accommodated by horizontally stacking two ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom enclosures. An internal clearance of over 1.2 inches also gives you ample room for components and wiring for your breadboard!
It has a microUSB/USB cutout and works great with any breadboard friendly micro-controllers or single board computers, like the Arduino Nano/MKR, Adafruit Feather, Particle boards, Teensy, etc.
It can also house any custom board (see internal clearance in Technical Details below) by drilling mounting holes into the acrylic of the bottom plate. If needed, you can also drill cutouts into the side walls or top plate, as required. The modular design makes it easier to do modifications on a single side of the enclosure without affecting the others.
Have multiple devices that will work together, like an Arduino or Raspberry Pi with your breadboard circuit? ProtoStax enclosures are compatible with each other and allow you to easily stack an endless number of electronic devices vertically, horizontally, or both!
ProtoStax enclosures providing unique configurations with various levels of protection.
With ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom, You Choose the Configuration that Suits Your Prototyping Needs:
- As a Prototyping Platform: This configuration gives you maximum access to your device while providing a stable platform. Allows for your Breadboard/Custom device to be firmly anchored to the bottom plate.
- As an Open Enclosure: Upgrade your protection while still providing ample access to your device. Add the corner bracing members and top plate but omit the side walls for more airflow and access, increasing protection from grubby fingers and allowing for vertical stacking if needed.
- As a Closed Enclosure: Provide full protection to your device with our beautifully finished enclosure. Provides maximum protection but still offers access and connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see features below).
Other Features for your Convenience
- Acrylic Design: Not only do our clear acrylic enclosures allow for convenience and full view of your devices, but they also provide a beautiful finish with a modern visual design.
- Rubber Feet: Our ProtoStax enclosures include rubber feet to provide maximum airflow while also protecting your table surface.
- Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables and access wiring to external systems. In the Open Configuration, the Wall slots on the top and bottom plates (where the side walls usually insert into) can also be used for cable management for even more accessibility and organization.
Why ProtoStax Enclosures are Right for You
ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom devices are laser cut acrylic enclosures allowing you to easily mount your breadboard or custom board, while providing cable management cutouts on the side walls to connect to external boards/systems. Product includes the base, top, side walls, and bracing elements for the corners. Screws, rubber feet, and instructions for assembly are also included. Mix, match, customize, and expand your ProtoStax buildout with the ProtoStax enclosure for Breadboard/Custom!
List of Compatible Devices
Arduino Nano/MKR boards like
- Arduino Nano / 33 IOT / Every / 33 BLE / Sense
- Arduino Micro
- Arduino MKR GSM 1400 / 1000 WIFI / WAN 1300 / etc
Feather boards like
- Adafruit HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board
- Adafruit Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266
- Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 RFM96 LoRa Radio
- Adafruit Feather 328P
- Adafruit Feather M0 RFM69HCW Packet Radio
- and more!
- BlackBoard Artemis Nano
- SparkFun Pro Micro
- SparkFun Thing Plus
- SparkFun SAMD21 Mini Breakout
- Qduino Micro
- 4.84 in length x 3.24 in width x 1.4665 in height (1.8 in height including rubber feet) (122.94 mm x 82.3mm x 37.25 mm (45.72mm including rubber feet))
- Usable space inside: 4 in length x 2.4 in width x 1.2165 in height (101.6mm x 60.96mm x 30.9mm)
Also Recommended! Buy 2 Enclosures and get a Horizontal Stacking Kit free!
ProtoStax for Arduino: Stack your Arduino and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi B+: Stack your Raspberry Pi B+ and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi A+: Stack your Raspberry Pi A+ and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi Zero: Stack your Raspberry Pi Zero and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.