This Pi Zero case is stackable, modular, extensible and hackable ! It fits both the Pi Zero and the Pi Zero W.
The enclosure can accommodate two Raspberry Pi Zeros (or up to 4 with the ProtoStax Cluster Kit for Raspberry Pi Zero ) - create your own 2 or 4 node cluster! It even has room to squeeze in a tiny/mini sized breadboard!
The case has an internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, which gives you ample room to install a HAT/pHAT/Bonnet of your choice! Or stack two more Pi Zeroes above, instead of pPHATs/Bonnets to create a 4 node cluster!
Extension kits and add-ons are available to add functionality to your enclosure - add a fan (or two), switches, Raspberry Pi HQ Camera (or Pi Camera), Tripod mount, and more! Check out our extension kits and add-ons!
- Fits both the Pi Zero and the Pi Zero W.
- Fits 2 Pi Zeros - create your own two-node cluster!
- Internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, which gives you ample room for a HAT/pHAT/Bonnet
- Enough room inside to fit a tiny/mini-sized breadboard
- Made from high quality cast acrylic
- Clear acrylic provides a beautiful finish with a modern visual design with full view of your electronics
- Pre-drilled and threaded mounting holes in the base plate allow you to directly screw the board in without needing additional nuts, making it very easy and elegant for you to use. A thoughtful feature that you will surely appreciate if you have larger hands and dealing with tiny M2.5 nuts!
- Acrylic risers raise your board off the base plate for improved airflow and firm level mounting
- Metal standoffs and screws provide solid and durable support
- Rubber Feet protect your table surface while providing maximum airflow by elevating the enclosure
- Cutouts leave all ports accessible
- Twist away cutout cover for access to GPIO ports
- Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables and access wiring to external systems. In the Open Configuration, the Wall slots on the top and bottom plates (where the side walls usually insert into) can also be used for cable management for even more accessibility and organization.
- You can mix, match, customize, and expand your project enclosure because ProtoStax enclosures are modular and stackable and work with each other.
- Extension kits and add-ons add functionality to your enclosure.
Modular, Stackable and Extensible ProtoStax Enclosures adapt to Your Prototyping Needs:
ProtoStax enclosures provide different configurations that support different stages of prototyping
Use it as a prototyping plate, with full and open access to your device while prototyping. Rubber feet protect your board and your table top!
Add side walls and the top to form a fully enclosed case for maximum protection.
The cases offer connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see features above)
Extension kits and Add-Ons allow you to add functionality to your enclosure. Add a fan or two, switches, camera & tripod mount, and more! Just filter by "extension kit" or "add-on" in the main shopping page to view the choices (or just click on the links above!)
All ProtoStax cases are compatible with each other and can be stacked side-by-side (horizontally) or one on top of the other (vertically). Mix-and-match multiple ProtoStax cases and put together a larger enclosure from the individual ones! Our Raspberry Pi + Breadboard, or Raspberry Pi + Arduino enclosures are popular bundles. You can also mix-and-match various Raspberry Pi enclosures (A+, B/B+, Zero enclosures to build your hybrid cluster with whatever Pis you have lying around!)
List of Compatible Devices
|Raspberry Pi Zero||
Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 4.84 in length x 3.24 in width x 1.4665 in height (1.8 in height including rubber feet) (122.94 mm x 82.3mm x 37.25 mm (45.72mm including rubber feet))
- Usable space inside: 4 in length x 2.4 in width x 1.2165 in height (101.6mm x 60.96mm x 30.9mm)
Assembly Instructions, Sample Projects & Additional Help
We have a detailed video tutorials, a user manual (that gives step-by-step instructions on how to build and assemble your ProtoStax enclosures into the various configurations, as well as how to stack them horizontally, vertically or both), sample projects with full instructions as inspiration for your next project, as well as tips & tricks! Head over to our Learning Hub.
- ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom: Stack your Raspberry Pi Zero and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
- ProtoStax for Arduino: Connect your Raspberry Pi Zero to an Arduino device easily and elegantly!
- Mix-and-match with ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Zero enclosures if you want to create a cluster of Pis!