The stackable, modular, extensible and hackable enclosure for your Raspberry Pi B+/ Model 4B!
This case fits the Pi 3 Model B+, the Pi 1 Model B+ and also the new Model 4B!
The case has an internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, which gives you ample room to install a HAT/pHAT/Bonnet of your choice!
Modular and Stackable ProtoStax Enclosures adapt to Your Prototyping Needs:
All ProtoStax cases are compatible with each other and can be stacked side-by-side (horizontally) or one on top of the other (vertically). Mix-and-match multiple ProtoStax cases and put together a larger enclosure from the individual ones! Our Raspberry Pi + Breadboard, or Raspberry Pi + Arduino enclosures are popular bundles. You can also mix-and-match various Raspberry Pi enclosures (A+, B/B+, Zero enclosures to build your hybrid cluster with whatever Pis you have lying around!)
ProtoStax enclosures provide different configurations that support different stages of prototyping. Starting off with the base plate and protective rubber feet, they act like a prototyping plate that give you full and open access to your device while prototyping, while mounting it, protecting it (and protecting your surfaces with their rubber feet) and elevating the board.
After you are done, you can add the side walls and top easily, to form a fully enclosed case for maximum protection. Or leave out the side walls and just add the top for an open configuration with more airflow and open access. The cases offer connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see features below)
- Fits the Pi 3 Model B+, the Pi 1 Model B+ and also the new Model 4B!
- Internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, which gives you ample room for a HAT/pHAT/Bonnet
- Made from high quality cast acrylic
- Clear acrylic provides a beautiful finish with a modern visual design with full view of your electronics
- Pre-drilled and threaded mounting holes in the base plate allow you to directly screw the board in without needing additional nuts, making it very easy and elegant for you to use. A thoughtful feature that you will surely appreciate if you have larger hands and dealing with tiny M2.5 nuts!
- Acrylic risers raise your board off the base plate for improved airflow and firm level mounting
- Metal standoffs and screws provide solid and durable support
- Rubber Feet protect your table surface while providing maximum airflow by elevating the enclosure
- Cutouts leave all ports accessible
- Twist away cutout cover for access to GPIO ports
Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables and access wiring to external systems. In the Open Configuration, the Wall slots on the top and bottom plates (where the side walls usually insert into) can also be used for cable management for even more accessibility and organization.
- You can mix, match, customize, and expand your project enclosure because ProtoStax enclosures are modular and stackable and work with each other.
List of Compatible Devices
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B||
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+
- 4.84 in length x 3.24 in width x 1.4665 in height (1.8 in height including rubber feet) (122.94 mm x 82.3mm x 37.25 mm (45.72mm including rubber feet))
- Usable space inside: 4 in length x 2.4 in width x 1.2165 in height (101.6mm x 60.96mm x 30.9mm)
We have a detailed tutorial/user manual that gives step-by-step instructions on how to build and assemble your ProtoStax enclosures into the various configurations, as well as how to stack them horizontally, vertically or both! Click here for the user manual.
Head over the Project Hub for inspiration for your next project!
Weather Station with ePaper and Raspberry Pi - Create your own tabletop weather station with an ePaper display, Raspberry Pi and ProtoStax enclosure.
- ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom: Stack your Raspberry Pi B+/Model 4B and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
- ProtoStax for Arduino: Connect your Raspberry Pi B+/Model 4B to an Arduino device easily and elegantly!
- Buy multiple ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Model4B/Zero enclosures if you want to create a cluster of Pis!