ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi Zero gives you a modular prototyping enclosure that has been designed to fit both the Pi Zero and the Pi Zero W. The enclosure can accommodate up to two Raspberry Pi Zeros (and have enough room to squeeze in a tiny breadboard)! With an internal clearance of over 1.2 inches, it also gives you ample room to install a HAT/pHAT/Bonnet of your choice!
Have multiple devices that will work together, like a Raspberry Pi and Arduino, or a Breadboard with more components and circuitry? ProtoStax enclosures are compatible with each other and allow you to easily stack an endless number of electronic devices vertically, horizontally, or both!
Want to have full and open access to your device while you are prototyping? Or want to give more protection while maintaining a relatively open access? Need maximum protection with a fully enclosed board? ProtoStax enclosures allow you to do all that—providing unique configurations with various levels of protection.
With ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi Zero, You Choose the Configuration that Suits Your Prototyping Needs:
- As a Prototyping Platform: This configuration gives you maximum access to your device while providing a stable platform. Allows for your Raspberry Pi Zero to be firmly anchored to the bottom plate.
- As an Open Enclosure: Upgrade your protection while still providing ample access to your device. Add the corner bracing members and top plate but omit the side walls for more airflow and access, increasing protection from grubby fingers and allowing for vertical stacking if needed.
- As a Closed Enclosure: Provide full protection to your device with our beautifully finished enclosure. Provides maximum protection but still offers access and connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see features below).
Why ProtoStax Enclosures are Right for You
ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi Zero are laser cut acrylic enclosures that have pre-drilled mounting holes, allowing you to easily mount your device while providing the necessary openings for all connectors. Product includes the base, top, side walls, and bracing elements for the corners. Screws, rubber feet, and instructions for assembly are also included, as well as mounting screws and standoffs. The mounting holes also have screw threads tapped into them, allowing you to directly screw the device onto the board without needing additional nuts, making it easy and elegant for you to use. Mix, match, customize, and expand your ProtoStax buildout with the ProtoStax enclosure for Raspberry Pi Zero!
Other Features for your Convenience
- Acrylic Design: Not only do our clear acrylic enclosures allow for convenience and full view of your devices, but they also provide a beautiful finish with a modern visual design.
- Rubber Feet: Our ProtoStax enclosures include rubber feet to provide maximum airflow while also protecting your table surface.
- Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables and access wiring to external systems. In the Open Configuration, the Wall slots on the top and bottom plates (where the side walls usually insert into) can also be used for cable management for even more accessibility and organization.
List of Compatible Raspberry Pi Zero Devices
- Raspberry Pi Zero (https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero/)
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/)
- 4.84 in length x 3.24 in width x 1.4665 in height (1.8 in height including rubber feet) (122.94 mm x 82.3mm x 37.25 mm (45.72mm including rubber feet))
- Usable space inside: 4 in length x 2.4 in width x 1.2165 in height (101.6mm x 60.96mm x 30.9mm)
Also Recommended! Buy 2 Enclosures and get a Horizontal Stacking Kit free!
- ProtoStax for Breadboard/Custom: Stack your Raspberry Pi Zero and Breadboard ProtoStaxs side-by-side for easy prototyping.
- ProtoStax for Arduino: Connect your Raspberry Pi Zero to an Arduino device easily and elegantly!
- Buy multiple ProtoStax for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Zero enclosures if you want to create a cluster of Pis!