ProtoStax Enclosure for Dr. Wattson Energy Monitor
ProtoStax Enclosure for Dr. Wattson Energy Monitor
Low stock: 10 left
What is it?
ProtoStax Enclosures are stackable, modular, extensible and hackable enclosures for Arduinos, Raspberry Pis, and Breadboard-friendly micro-controllers and single-board computers (like Nano, Particle, Feather, etc). They can be stacked side-by-side or one on top of the other to create composite enclosures.
This is a ProtoStax laser-cut acrylic enclosure kit for Dr. Wattson Energy Monitoring board. This helps to isolate the high voltage components that are hooked up to Dr. Wattson, so only safe digital signals and wires are accessible outside for hookup to your micro-controller.
Because of its modular design, you can start with the base mounting plate, and then add the side walls and tops to create a fully enclosed case for your Dr. Wattson with IEC AC Inlet and NEMA 5-15R AC Power outlet. Convenient cable cutouts allow you to safely interface with your favorite micro-controller or single-board computer.
Because ProtoStax enclosures are stackable, you can also combine this with a ProtoStax Enclosure for Arduino or ProtoStax Enclosure for Raspberry Pi (B+4B, Zero and A+ variants support all kinds of Pis), or ProtoStax Enclosure for Breadboard/Custom for Arduino Nano or other breadboard-friendly MCUs, to create a composite enclosure that houses both your Dr. Wattson and your MCU/SBC.
- Houses your Dr. Wattson
- snap-in IEC panel mount receptacle for AC inlet
- snap-in panel mount NEMA 5-15R AC Power receptacle for AC outlet
- spade connectors to easily connect AC input and output to/from above connectors
- Made from high quality cast acrylic
- Clear acrylic provides a beautiful finish with a modern visual design with full view of your electronics
- Pre-drilled and threaded mounting holes in the base plate allow you to directly screw the board in without needing additional nuts, making it very easy and elegant for you to use. A thoughtful feature that you will surely appreciate if you have larger hands and dealing with tiny M2.5 nuts!
- Acrylic risers raise your board off the base plate for improved airflow and firm level mounting
- Metal standoffs and screws provide solid and durable support
- Rubber Feet protect your table surface while providing maximum airflow by elevating the enclosure
- Cable Management: Easily accessible cable management cutouts in the side walls allow you to smoothly insert your cables and access wiring to external systems.
- You can mix, match, customize, and expand your project enclosure because ProtoStax enclosures are modular and stackable and work with each other.
- Extension kits and add-ons help add functionality to your enclosure, such as adding switches, displays, sensor peripherals, etc.
It lets you have a neat enclosure for your Dr. Wattson, and let's you integrate with a ProtoStax enclosure for Arduino/Raspberry Pi/Breadboard/Custom board etc.
What you will need?
- Dr. Wattson Energy Monitoring Breakout Board
- Suitable gauge high current AC wires to connect IEC AC Inlet and AC Power Outlet receptacles and to Dr. Wattson
- Crimper to crimp AC wires to spade connectors
- Philips screwdriver
- female jumper cables to connect Dr. Wattson to your micro-controller (Male-Female for Arduino, and Female-Female for Raspberry Pi)
What makes it special?
Made of high quality cast acrylic and durable components, this sturdy enclosure provide a modern visual design with tons of well thought out features to showcase your next project and provide a safe enclosure for your high voltage line components.
Use together with a ProtoStax Enclosure for Arduino, ProtoStax Enclosure for Raspberry Pi B+/4B, ProtoStax Enclosure for Raspberry Pi A+, ProtoStax Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Zero or ProtoStax Enclosure for Breadboards/Custom Boards stacked side-by-side to create a composite enclosure that includes your favorite MCU/SBC.
Visit Our Learning Hub
• Assembly Instructions - Video Tutorials & User Manual with step-by-step instructions.
• Sample Projects - with full instructions & code. Find inspiration for your next project.
• Tips and Tricks - Tips & tidbits on Electronics and Making to get you on your way!
ProtoStax Enclosures are Stackable, Modular & Extensible
They ease your path from Prototype to Product! Make your prototypes useable and attractive with ProtoStax!
Use it as a prototyping plate, with full and open access to your device while prototyping. Rubber feet protect your board and your table top!
Omit the side walls and just add the top for an open configuration with more airflow and open access.
Add side walls and the top to form a fully enclosed case for maximum protection.
The cases offer connectivity to external systems using our unique cable management methods (see features above)
All ProtoStax cases are compatible with each other and can be stacked side-by-side (horizontally) or one on top of the other (vertically). Mix-and-match multiple ProtoStax cases and put together a larger enclosure from the individual ones! Our Raspberry Pi + Breadboard, or Raspberry Pi + Arduino enclosures are popular bundles. You can also mix-and-match various Raspberry Pi enclosures (A+, B/B+, Zero enclosures to build your hybrid cluster with whatever Pis you have lying around!)